Welcome to the Battersea Society website
- To improve the quality of life in Battersea and strengthen its identity and sense of community
- To promote civic pride in Battersea
- To stimulate interest in the geography, history, natural history, architecture, character and traditions of Battersea
- To encourage good architecture, town planning and civic design, the planting and caring of trees, and the conservation and proper maintenance and use of open spaces
- To promote excellence in new developments as well as conservation of the best features of the past
- We want Battersea to be a vibrant, exciting and safe place to live, with job opportunities and good shopping and leisure amenities
We make representations to Government Departments and Wandsworth Council and there are regular meetings of Sub-Committees to focus on all aspects of Battersea, as well as make regular responses to planning applications in Battersea.
We organise lectures and talks on Battersea past and present, social events, walks and visits to places of interest, and occasional public meetings on health, transport or other topics of local concern. We also hold a most enjoyable Annual Summer Party.
The only way we will really make a difference is by having a lively and active membership - so why not join us now?
Click here for details on how you can join the Battersea Society
On the river
One the the houseboats moored near Battersea Railway Bridge. One of the many evocative pictures taken by local resident Chris Moxey featured in our latest photogallery.